Monday, September 5, 2011

Legs, Shoulders and a new toy.

  Finished cutting out the center leg today and the second layer of shoulder circles. Still need to do some trimming in the armpits so the underarm details will fit properly. It helps that I've got the first three layers glued up so all I need to do is clamp the fourth down to do that section. Once I finish getting the holes drilled for the bolts in the shoulder I can finish gluing that piece to the rest of them.
   I've been contemplating a new toy for the workshop for a while now.. A drill press. Using the hand drill just wasn't cutting it even though I've got a good eye for if things are level. That was proven when I tried doing it free hand for the bolts and found they're just slightly off. Getting that set up took up a good portion of my work time but its ready now for me to play with tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment