Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pocket vents finished


A little more progress today. I'm waiting for the rest of the fumes to air out of the workroom before tackling the next part. I got the pocket vents finished and assembled. Once they've set for a little bit I'll paint them up and install. I've posted progress pics as I was building them. Hopefully this will help others in putting some together. They're easy to build and I'm not sure why I procrastinated so long to do them..
The pieces for the 'pocket' were made up with 2mm styrene while the ribs I improvised and built up using 1mm x3 to match the strips I'd gotten. Those turned out to be too wide when put side by side but worked out fine for the outer edges. The back plates are also 1mm. I curved the pieces to match the body by just simply bending them till they held a slight curve and I borrowed Edwardo's idea to use the utility arm to mark out the curve for the pocket pieces.










No comments:

Post a Comment