Sunday, May 27, 2012

Ankles.. oh my!

Well I've managed to get quite a bit done in the past couple of days. Mostly working on the outer footshells to fill in the spots where the joins are at and hitting them with primer. I finally got them to the point where I was happy with them and got the first coat of white on.
Another area has been the legs. So many details to take care of that it gets mind boggling if I think on it too long. :P Slowly getting those done and today I finished up the ankle area.

 Tomorrow or maybe later tonight I'll work on the boosters, horseshoe placement and under shoulder details and put another coat of white on the feet.


No painting today.. its been raining since this morning. :( I did however get the legs finished and put together. One more big step done. :D

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Summer Time! Legs and Feet coming together.

Summer time! Project time! Yay! ... at least for a couple of weeks until the summer semester classes start.
Progress so far.. the blasted battery boxes got put on hold after my last post/rant. Again. Eventually I'll finish them but in the meantime I've been working on the legs and feet.
I got the skinning finished and the legs painted up. The shoulder horseshoes are painted up and ready to install on the legs. Center foot and leg got painted up, just need to attach the details to the leg and the support board inside the body to hold it in place.

 Outer feet are slowly coming together also. I've been playing with ideas on how to keep the side panels in place and I finally decided on magnets. I got the motor mounts out from their box and found machine screws to fit and counter sunk the holes for them. To help with stress points I glued up the upper sections. Hopefully the goop will hold under the weight of the droid. I also ordered up some screws from McMaster-Carr to join the ankles to the feet mounts.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

1 year ago..

Wow.. looking over my blog and I noticed how long its been since I started to track my progress on this project. One year! I had hoped to have her done by this point and I almost succeeded. No pics at the moment but I'm in the process of skinning the legs. Once that's done.. filler and paint then figure out how to mount them with the feet.