Wednesday, January 19, 2011

More Dome work and some of the frame

Well today was 'Let's get the shop messy' day. I finished trimming up the inner dome around the bottom and cut out the inner section of the dome ring. Now to figure out what to do with that part. Might hang it on the wall. :P The lower section of the ring needed to be trimmed as well to make the width 1" all around. By the time I'd finished doing all of that I had lots of little pieces of melted styrene all over me and the floor. Next on the to-do list was gluing up the 3 floral rings that I got from Michael's. They're about 1/4" thick and just a little too big to fit inside the inner dome. Once they dry I'll trim down the outer edge on the bandsaw so it fits snugly.  You can see they're about the same size as the nylon ring that is used with the aluminum dome. So for about $5 each it was a inexpensive alternative to use with the styrene dome.
 Since I was on a roll I decided to pull the frame pieces off the shelf and work on those. I had already rough cut them a few months ago so they needed trimming up on the bandsaw. Just need to router where they fit together and she'll have a body!

No comments:

Post a Comment