Thursday, January 6, 2011

Getting ready to build my first droid

Well its been a little over a year since I started collecting parts for a project that my husband and I have wanted to do for a while. Ever since he discovered there were Star Wars groups out there that actually had movie accurate costumes and the work they did for charity groups he's been hooked. The bug soon spread to myself to spend more time with him and once we both had our own costumes done we turned our eyes to what we could build next. Thus began our collecting pieces for our own droid and building an R4-P17. We wanted something a little different from the normal blue and white.. no offense to R2! And I wanted something not quite as expensive or hard to work with as metal. She'll have a wood frame and legs while the rest of her parts will be made from resin and styrene. So far we have the frame rough cut and started getting the dome sanded and painted. I'll post pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment