Monday, March 21, 2011

Dome update

It's been awhile since I posted something. I've been working on little things like chipping out sections in the frame and dealing with paint that won't stick to some resin pieces. Removed the paint, sanded them down the best I could and now need to finish cleaning the last of the paint if I can so I can start over on them. Definitely a Grrrrr moment. Most of my progress has been on the dome though by getting the all the pieces finished up and the eye is now mounted. Yay!





Worked some more on it this morning and the panels are now attached as well as the HP's. Trying to figure out how to mount the pieces of plastic mik jug that I trimmed out for the PSI's now and how to attach a tube behind that for the lights that will go in later.
Lights! I'm planning on putting BlinkM's in the HP's and behind the PSI's. The logic displays will be fiber optics.. just waiting on all the supplies to arrive now. Last thing to go in will be a switch for the power that runs the lights. I'm thinking behind one of the dome bumps or the top pie panel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment